Monday, October 4, 2010



Hey Momma!!!!
Conference was great wasn't it!!!! Can you believe we are getting a TEMPLE in Lisbon Portugal!!!!! How cool is that!!!! and also one in Indianapolis!!!! Ah we are really lucky!!!
This week was a good week but challenging too. As you know, I have a new companion named Elder Carter. He is really cool by the way. We get along really well. But since he is new to the area, I had to take charge for a week and kind of take matters into my own hands. This is intimidating for a greeny such as myself, but I think I learned more this week than I have previously because of it!!!! Elder Carter has already caught on and we are working hard!!! We only have one more lesson to teach our Cape Verdian family and then we can prepare them for baptism!!! I'm so excited. I hope everything works with them.
Elder Carter is an amazing cook. His food is like a flippin' world class chef. It is great. Apparently his dad caters for weddings and parties and stuff so he is a really good cook. I'm super lucky ha!!! He is a great missionary too!! It's going to be a great transfer!!!!
My favorite talk was probably the prophet's talk about gratitude. He mentioned that even in our toughest times, we can have gratitude and when we do this, we will realize how blessed we truly are and have joy. He also said that often times, we take for granted the people that mean the most to us. When he said that I thought of you and the family. It's crazy. Being on the other side of the world on my own for two years really helps me realize just how much I love you and how much you mean to me!!! So I really liked that talk!!!! The only session of conference we didn't get to see was the morning one on Saturday. We had to travel about an hour to watch conference at the stake center, but it was great. The cool thing is, the missionaries were able to hear it in English in the Relief Society room. We actually watched the Sunday sessions live and me and Elder Carter didn't get home until one in the morning. It was worth it though!!!!!
I'm really glad to hear that you guys got my pictures!!! It's about time. As you can see, Portugal is beautiful. I love it here! Yes I also got your letter and I sent a letter back to you!!! Tell me when you get it. You didn't send me a second one did you? if so, I haven't yet received it, but I will soon!!!! OH and about that fish. Yes we actually ate it, and it was good except for there were little bones all through out the skin so you had to spit the bones out like sunflower seeds or they would stab your gums haha.
That's crazy to hear about Elder Bell!!! Wow, I didn't know that!!! I'm really sorry about your knee. I hope it gets better fast. Oh just so you know, it's zone pday today and I think we are going to beautiful Sintra. I'm so excited!!!!!
Well I have to hurry and wrap up. I love you mom!!!!! Your such a blessing and I'm so grateful to be a part of this family and a part of the only true Gospel. Until next time
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment