Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Independence Day for Portugal...


Hey guys!!!! First off, I have to apologize that I didn't write to you guys yesterday. Yesterday was 25 de Abril which is Portugal's Independence Day and literally EVERY place was closed!!! It was pretty messed up. I was so anxious to email you guys. So that's why I haven't sent an email until now!!! Sorry!!!!!
Anyway, this last week was a week full of activities. It was a really great week. On Wednesday, we had a Primary Activity that all of us Elders helped out with. While the primary kids watched a video clip of Jesus Christ and decorated easter baskets, me and the other elders went outside and we hid easter eggs for the kids!!! It was really cool. They really liked it. I think it was a bit different for them because the culture is a bit different here, but they really loved it!!!
Oh p.s. I'm staying here for yet a third transfer with the exact same Elders!!! Wow 3 transfers on the island already, wow how time flies!!!
Anyway, oh, last pday was fun!!! The weather was bad, so we all bought dart guns and had a war inside of our apartment. It was sick. Thats the picture you guys see.
Well, on Friday, we showed a film, Finding Faith in Christ, to a older couple . They are Americans. Anyway, it went really good. We could really feel the spirit in this film. At the end, they were both crying and I invited them to church. I was about to leave them a soft baptismal invite, when all the sudden the husband said he refused to move his religion. When I affirmed to him that all we were doing was inviting him to church so that he could see how it was he said, "Oh I see, you invite me to church this time and then next time you ask me to change my religion." Just being a real jerk about it. The sad thing is that his wife wants to go to church and she was really excited when we talked about Christ's baptism, but the husband is being difficult. The other day, we walked past their house, and I saw him lying out cold on the ground. I was terrified he had a stroke or something so I ran over there and started shaking him and talking to him. Well, next thing I know, Elder Wiseman points behind me and his wife is just standing there telling us not to bother and that she had it under control. Apparently he was just drunk out of his mind. I wanted to help him into the house, but he refused just mumbling. Crazy stuff!!!! So my prayers are going out to them.
Saturday was really cool. We worked throughout the day, but right after studies, we were invited over to lunch with a member. It was amazing. It was a full out cooked turkey dinner. Then that night, we had an integration night at the church where all the members come and get to know each other better and we all just played games.
Our Easter Sunday was amazing. We were invited to go over to a really cool American family's house for dinner named the Billmans. They are so cool. They are a really great family, mother, father, and 5 girls haha, at least you guys had at least one boy. It was great though. The food was amazing. I told Brother Billman it was an Easter miracle haha. Then while we were finishing up, they hid easter eggs just for us missionaries, so after we shared a message with them, we went on a quick easter egg hunt. It was so great!!!
Well, I'll let you guys know what happens with those we are trying to mark. I love you all so much and miss you. I hope you all had an amazing Easter!!! Keep me updated!! love you guys.
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment