Thursday, April 14, 2011

Still seeking for the earnest in heart...


It was a pretty good week this last week. At the beginning of the week, President Torgan challenged every couple in the mission to get 20 new investigators in one week. Well, it was a good challenge, so we set that as our goal and worked our guts out towards it!!!! Although we didn't get quite 20, we got 11 which is more than this area has had in a while for one week. Its going great though!!! We have been meeting some really cool people lately!!! Interesting to see what others believe, the best part though is helping them feel the love Heavenly Father has for them even at a simple door contact when we talk about prayer and say a prayer with them at their door.
As I'm sure you guys all know, the baptism for the Praia Elders happened this last Saturday!!! It went really great!! The spirit there was so strong. I'm so glad I could be a part of it and be there to support her!!! Always a truly amazing experience when someone enters the waters of baptism!!!! I have included a picture down at the bottom of the baptism!!!!
There is one thing I forgot to do in last weeks email, and that is wish Grandpa Joe a Happy Birthday. If you guys could please tell him that for me. Also, that's so awesome that little Jace will be turning 2. I still miss his super long hair though. Thats how I remember Jace ha. I make sure to point out his hair when I show members and investigators the family albums. P.S those family albums really actually do help with the missionary work. A lot of times, when we start talking about God's plan for us and the importance of families in his plan, I will show them the pictures of you guys back at home, and it honestly helps us establish a better relationship with our investigators. They always seem to open up more to us because we are sharing information about ourselves and whatnot. So Thanks for those amazing pictures. If at any time any one of you wants to send me another album, that would be super cool. hahah
So I cannot believe how fast time flies on the mission. It is absolutely unreal, and a little bit scary. In just 5 days, I will reach my 10 month mark. I'm learning to savor my experiences because without a doubt, I won't enjoy any other work near as much as I'm enjoying the Lords work.
This week, we didn't have much time to meet with the people we wanted to mark, but this week we will be working to mark them for baptism. We will be praying a lot and relying on the Lord always!!! Ill let you guys know how that goes next week.
I can't believe we are getting a new bishopric. Thats crazy!!!!!! You guys have to promise me you will go to Bishop Lewis, and Brother Bailey and Brother Thomas and tell them how much I appreciate them. Yeah let me know who the next bishop is though.
Well, thats the big news for this week. I hope you all have a splendid spring break. (random fact, did you guys know the Portuguese kids get 2 weeks off for spring break. Crazy huh?) I can't wait to hear from you all next week. I love you all so much. Ate Proximo. Tchau Tchau!! Bejinhos!!!! Adeus!!! Bye Bye!!!
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment