Monday, March 28, 2011


Hello my wonderful family!!!!!!!
I'm very glad to hear that the package arrived!! That didn't take too long. I also sent home my next 600 or so pictures a week ago, so be looking for those, they haven't come yet have they?
This week has been pretty good. We have found a number of new people to teach and we are looking at people who we want to mark for baptism this next week. I feel like we are already teaching some pretty elect people, we just have to follow the spirit to find their needs and do accordingly!!!!!
I'm super excited for General Conference. Its going to be a big weekend this upcoming week. Yes we will be able to see it here on the island. As a matter of fact, the American branch is having a big old potluck lunch before the first session, and we will be able to watch it in English in the church. We as missionaries are all over that. We have been playing some random sessions of previous general conferences on a tiny DVD player in our house during lunch everyday just because we are excited. In one of the talks, it was said that "Satan trembles when he sees even the weakest of saints on their knees." That phrase is flippin' awesome. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you guys. It really reminds you of how powerful prayer really is. Its great to think that at any moment and in any situation, we can say a prayer to Heavenly Father and He is always listening. I think sometimes we forget or take for granted what a privilege prayer is, at least I do sometimes. So that was good, it really reminded me to pray even more sincerely.
So the Elders of Praia will be having a baptism this week!!!! Yay!!! It is a 14 year old girl named Catarina!! She is super cool. Seeing as how I'm the district leader now, I have the opportunity of conducting her baptismal interview. I'm very excited. It will be my first one. She seems very excited to be baptized!!!!!!
Work is going good. Like I said, right now we are working with what we have and giving it all we've got to find new investigators everyday.
I'm loving my daily personal studies right now. I love reading in the New Testament. There is so much scripture in there that we can use. Every verse is another teaching that we can apply to our lives!! Incredible. Right now I am in Mark chapter nine. I love reading about the Savior's life, ministry,miracles,etc. Super cool.
Elder Kessler left for Lisbon yesterday and he will be coming back on Tuesday morning. He has a leadership meeting, so right now we get to be in a triplet. wooo...me, Elder Wiseman, and Elder Wilder. Its tight. We are going to tear it up these next two days. ha.
Hmmmm random events that happened...Pretty much all four of us wrote the same thing in our journal on Saturday night. Something really random and funny happened to us. The Praia Elders were taking us to a taco stand on the beach that night to introduce us to a lady named Noemiah that lives in our area. We didn't go there to eat, just to talk to her and we got her address and info and she said we could pass by on Thursday. So that was great. Well, as we started to go back to the house, this stray dog walked past me and I just looked at it while I was walking. Well, some lady noticed my attention to it and immediately started talking to me and the other Elders. Let me tell you, this lady and her husband, were hammered drunk. Like worse than I've ever seen anyone before. Anyway, she started talking to us and we told her who we were and what we do. Well, we found out that she was American. She was speaking to us in English as well. Well, it was almost impossible to teach her anything. Soon after we introduced ourselves, she tells us to look at the dog. We were like ok. Elder Kessler said "yeah cool" and looked back up and she freaked out. She was like "NO LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT. There's something you idiots don't understand" At this point Elder Wilder is trying super hard not to laugh. Then she starts talking about how that dog is her child. She said "This dog is God, it loves everyone." That is when Elder Wilder lost it and busted up laughing. He ended up walking off and Kessler followed. So it was just me and Wiseman for about a minute more. Well we left our card with them and left. So that's the funny/random event of the week.
Other than that, I think I told you all just about everything. I miss you all so much. Sorry to end this email on the less spiritual side, ha. I should have told that story first. But I love you all and miss you so much. I can't wait to talk to ya next week. Tchau|!!!!!
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment