Sunday, March 27, 2011



Hey guys. It was a pretty good week. I'm still getting used to transfer changes, but its all good. I'm enjoying the transfer changes. The new Elders that came in are super cool and we all get along great. Elder Wilder (Kessler's comp) is a way cool kid, and my comp, (Elder Wiseman) is a really good kid as well.
This last week has been kind of interesting. We have been knocking a lot of doors and trying to find new investigators. Very interesting week. We have met some very interesting people. We met the man on the island who films all the parties and bull fights and what not and he said he had talked with the elders before and he would like to talk to us again. He said he used to have a Book of Mormon but he moved and didn't have one. We felt prompted to give him one, so we did and encouraged him to read it. He was so grateful, that he gave us a DVD of the bullfights hahahahah. What a good guy. We however can't watch it because we don't watch TV on our mission, so I'm thinking in my next package to send home, I am going to send that DVD home to you guys and you can watch it and tell me how it is... hahahha.
Speaking of package, I got you special birthday goers a little something last Monday and sent it home on Tuesday. So you guys be looking for that. I sent it home in Brigham City, but it has things for everyone who has a birthday, so you guys are just going to have to travel to get your gift. ha. sorry. Oh and I also received the package of Skittles and the memory cards. Thank you soooooo much. I really like that Mens Motab. We have been listening to it around the house. I didn't know they sang a Billy Joel song. cool. So yeah I'm going to send my memory card home today hopefully, if not today, then for sure tomorrow. You guys need to prepare yourselves though. This beast has nearly 600 pictures on it so i hope you have a lot of time!!!!
The work is going good. We are finding a number of new investigators so that is good. Starting tomorrow, me and Elder Wiseman are going to speak nothing but Portuguese to each other. That way it will help him to learn the language. It will also help me learn more as well.
This last week, I finished reading all sections of the Doctrine and Covenants. Wow. I really loved it. My faith and my testimony have been strengthened so much during my studies in it. I have learned so much. This past week I have been thinking about how much I've learned in preparation for my mission and during my mission, and I can honestly say that I have learned more and my testimony grew more in this last year, than in my entire life. I love it. Right now, as a mission, we are reading through the New Testament in the Bible. I love reading about the Savior's life. Right now, I am only in Matthew but I am amazed at the Savior's teachings.
Well, things are going good here. I'm learning so much here in the mission. I miss you guys all so much though. I love you all. I feel so lucky to have been born in such a strong and blessed family. I pray for all of you every day. Keep it real!!!! Tchau Tchau!!!!
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment