Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodbye to beautiful Cacem and many friends....





GOODNESS DO I HAVE SOME CRAZY NEWS FOR YOU GUYS!!!
First of all, I have to tell you guys about transfers. I want to say that I just barely got my transfer call and I'll tell you that I'm getting transferred. I'm very excited but I'm also very sad to be leaving my friendships here in Cacem!!! It will be hard to leave and I'll be saying some good byes to all the members. But now I'll tell you where I'm going and the reason my hands are shaking with excitement and anxiety. I'M BEING TRANSFERRED TO THE AZORES!!!!! I'll be going to the area Lajes in the Azores, and that's not all. I'll be living in a house with two other elders besides me and my comp and they are Elder Levitre who was in the MTC with me, and Elder Kessler, my trainer. My new comp is named Elder Dalton. I don't know him yet, but I hear he is very cool. I should be receiving another call here in a little bit and I think tonight I'll be sleeping at the office. Tomorrow morning I will get on the plane and head out to the islands. Guys, I'm so excited and nervous!!!! AHhhhhhhhh!!
Ok, if that isn't news enough for you guys, listen to this. Earlier this week, we had a zone conference and Elder Causse of the Quorum of the Seventy came and talked to us. He is from France and he told us that starting July 1st, the Portugal Lisbon mission and the Portugal Porto mission will be combined into one mission. That's right. Now we can be companions with others in the other mission and the whole country is in our mission. We can be sent to anywhere in the north or the south now and we have another island in our mission that's more south called the island of Madeira. We are all so excited!!! Big things happening in the mission right now and we are seeing miracles left and right.
Now for the bad news. This week, we had been working with Manuela on smoking and she had set her self on stopping. She was doing so great and she was ready for baptism but when we spoke to her about the simple law of tithing, she got all upset and said that she doesn't think that that law could be from God. Well, she got discouraged because of it and started smoking again. SHE IS BEING SO DIFFICULT AHHHHHHH!!!!! Oh well though. I know that she will be baptized. I can feel it, but I just don't know when she will. I wish I could see it, but it will happen.
Well that's the news. I just want all of you to know how much I love you. I have been blessed with the best family. I know this Gospel is true with all my heart and soul. I have been blessed and prospered by the Lord so much here in the mission and I pray and feel that you guys are receiving similar blessings. I love you all. I will give you guys my new address next week ok. Tchau. Ate logo.

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment