Monday, January 3, 2011


This last week was a great week!!!!!!! Ah you guys won't believe it, but guess what? We had yet another baptism yesterday!!! It was so amazing!! It was a little 8 year old boy from Brazil named Vitor. His mom is a member and his dad is not yet, but we are planning on baptizing him this month. It didn't count in the mission records as an actual number because of his age and his mom is a member. But it counted in the best book of all, the book of life right?? It was SPECTACULAR. I was able to do his baptism and I felt so much love for him!! He is a really great kid!!! I have included a picture of the baptism down below!!!
So how was everyone's New Years? Ours was awesome!!!!! Our ward threw a ward party that started at 9:30 and went to who knows when, but it was really crazy and fun. We got permission from President Torgan to stay up late with our ward at the party. Needless to say, right now I am REALLY tired. I'm still trying to recover. We stayed there until 2 in the morning and I still don't think it was close to being done but we decided we had best leave. Yeah try waking up at 7 the next morning haha. It was tough stuff, but the party was all worth it!! There was a lot of food and tons of music and everyone just went CRAZY because of the New Year. New Years is really big here!!! So what did you guys do? Was there the usual New Years Eve family get together and party? I was thinking about you guys. I hope your holidays were amazing!!! Yes Mom, I have set New Years resolutions as well and one of mine is the same as yours. Lose some weight. hahaha. I have gained a bit the last 2 transfers with Elder Carter and here in the holidays, so its time for me to get back in the program. As for important things, we were asked to set a personal goal of how many baptisms we would have the year of 2011, I'm feeling really good about 32 baptisms, but I still haven't prayed to confirm it!!! We'll see though.
Well, everything else in the mission is going really well. Elder Stanley is a really solid missionary, I'm really blessed to have him as a companion. Right now we are working with a woman named Manuela that wants to get baptized, but can't stop smoking!!! Yesterday we fasted with her, we would go 24 hours without food or water if she could go 24 hours without smoking and so far she hasn't smoked another cigarette. Keep her in your prayers. We gave her a blessing and everything is looking great!!!!!~
I would like to hear some of your new years resolutions!!! Once again, thank you everyone for the gifts!! You guys are the best!! I was so glad to hear all of your voices on Christmas. It was really funny, as I was talking to you guys, I was pacing back and forth because I was excited and the office elders stood off in the distance and watched me. Elder Stanley pulled out his camera and filmed me and he was like "yup, this is my new companion" hahaha. it was funny. Obviously I miss you all.
I'm bummed you guys still haven't received the package. I'm hoping it gets there soon.
Oh today is the first pday of the month and me and Elder Stanley are going to the palace of Pena in Sintra on top of the mountain. I'm really excited. I'll take lots of pictures for you guys.
Well, that's whats on the weekly update. Everything is going GREAT!!! I miss you guys a ton but I'm loving my mission so much!!!!!
I'm so thankful that we are all a part of this gospel. Its funny I kind of took that for granted before I came out here. But now that I'm here I know how important the Gospel is for me. I love my Savior with all my heart and I know that He lives. I'm so grateful for all of you and I love you and miss you!!! Well, until next time eh??? Tchau Tchau!!!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment