Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8th email....


I have great news for you guys!!! As I have already informed you, we have been working with a Brazilean investigator named Luana and about 2 weeks ago, much to our surprise, she said she wanted to be baptized. But not as soon as we had prayed and felt for her. It was hard, but we have refused to give up on her. Well, so we kept praying and passing by her house and trying to strengthen her and help her have more faith. So we went on Wednesday and passed by her house. Her parents weren't home. So we taught her outside, but needless to say, it was an amazing lesson. As we planned for her that morning, I wanted to share a certain scripture with her in John 7:17, that says "If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself" Then you know, we explained to her that sometimes we just have to take that leap of faith and trust our feelings that come from the Holy Ghost even if we are scared!! So after reading that, we talked about applying faith. It was in that moment, that she kind of looked down for awhile and after thinking, she looked up and asked us what she would need to do to be baptized here before she moved to England for school on the 21st and if it was still possible. It was when she said that that I just wanted to jump up and scream YES!!!!!!!!! hahaha. We told her she could be baptized as soon as the 7th, (yesterday) but she said she thought the 14th was good. We told her to pray about it that night and told her we would call tomorrow. I was so excited I almost just wanted to run home that night!! packed with energy!!! So the next day, after praying what seemed like a thousand times and thanking Heavenly Father, we called her and she said that she felt great about the 14th and that she had already told her parents about it and they are fine!! They even want to have us over for dinner. Anyway, she said she is positive about it and nothing is going to get in the way!!! The next day, on Friday, we taught her the commandments and she didn't have a problem with any of them. On Saturday, we had the interview and she passed with ease!!! On Sunday, we informed all the members and they announced it in Sacrament and so now, we just have to help her stay firm in her faith until Sunday!!!!! It is so amazing how the Lord blesses the lives of his children. She was so completely prepared and now we get to be a part of this experience of her entering into the Gospel!!! What a blessing, not only to her, but to me and Elder Bolough as well!!! We are SO EXCITED for her!!!!!! So that is what's going on here!!! It really is a miracle!! Banks had told me that this area hadn't baptized in a little over a year. So it has been some time, but seeing this miracle built my faith that the elects are out there in every area. Now, we are continuing our search for all the other elect people out there!!! We are so thankful to our Heavenly Father for this amazing blessing!!!!
So, that has been the main focus of our work this week. The rest has just been knocking and passing by our investigators!!!
So you guys are going to the Tetons this upcoming week huh? You will all have to take pictures for me. You all know how much I love the Tetons!!!! I will be praying that you guys don't have to deal with the bears hahaha!! You will all have to let me know how it goes!!! I am so excited to go with you guys next year.!!!
Well, that's about it for this week!!! I love you all so much. I am amazed that I have been blessed with such an incredible family now that I have seen so many broken and destroyed families!!! I'm truly blessed to have every one of you!! I know this gospel is true, and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave us his son Jesus Christ, to set our perfect example, and to make it possible to live together in the presence of Heavenly Father and Himself as an eternal family. I love you all. Talk to ya next week!!!!
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment