Monday, August 8, 2011

July 4th email...

Happy 4th of July everyday!! What a great day today is!! We won't be celebrating here in Portugal, but I'm totally celebrating with you guys in spirit!! Just so you all know though, I have had enough fireworks of my own to deal with over here!! This last week, the city of Montijo where we live has been celebrating their summer parties!!! Let's just say it's like Peach Days (mullet days), times 10 and stretched out over a whole week. Booths are everywhere in the streets, carnavals, concerts, drunks on every corner, but let's not forget the best part... that our apartment is smack dab in the middle of all the commotion. Needless to say, it is quite hard to sleep at night with all the noise outside!! It's been really crazy over here!! Last night, me and E Banks were awakened by a stream of fireworks at midnight!!! Crazy stuff!!
So I got my package about 2 hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much!! It made my day!!! I absolutely love everything that you guys did for me!!!!! I'll thank you all individually as well, but thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys, you guys are the best!!!!!!
The work is getting a bit better over here!!!! A couple of days ago, we went to Nicholay's house and reviewed the gospel of Jesus Christ with him!! We really focused on baptism. At the end of the lesson, we invited him to be baptized and to our surprise, he told us that he knew that our baptism was 100 percent correct!!! The guy is legit and super golden. We just have one problem in the way, he is living with his woman and he is not legally married, they also have a kid!!! They would like to get married right there in the house, but there is only one problem, that they are both from different countries and I don't think they are legal yet. So it may be difficult with all the paper work. But, we testified to him that this was the Lord's will for him and read 1 Nephi 3:7 with him to assure him that there is always a way prepared to follow the Lord. We just have to find that path!!! So we will keep working with him and pray that things get worked out!!!!
We have started working a lot more with the members in our branch!!! We need their help here because they know a lot more about this area than me and Elder Banks do!!! There is also a girl named Onara, that has already been taught everything and is ready to be baptized. She wants to as well, we just need the permission of the mother. We already got it from the father!!! We have been praying and fasting that the mother's heart will be softened!!! I feel like miracles are going to happen here in this area. I'm very excited!!!!
So , that's what's going on with the work. We have also been visiting a lot of less active members as well. Another way to build the kingdom right? Reactivate members!! We talked to a really nice less active yesterday named Maria who just loves missionaries. It was super great!!!
Last night was quite a sweet experience!! I got to eat snails for the first time in my life!!! We ate them with members!!! Here they are called caracois, instead of escargot!! It actually wasn't too bad, even a little spicy!!!! I ate a whole bowl of them. I will show you guys some pictures, not until next week though!! We are on the stupid computers today!!!!!
That's how things are here on the mission!!! I love you guys!!! Wow, can you guys believe if it were a normal year of summer, we would have just got back from the Tetons!! Time flies like crazy!!!
Well, ya'll better have a spectacular and amazingly fun 4th of july!!! That's a commandment from me ha!!! Go America!!! And remember everybody, 1 Nephi chapter 13!!!! You should all read it. I know Nat has recently read it!!! It's perfect for the festivities ha!! Love you guys, talk to you all next week!!!!
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment