Monday, August 8, 2011

July 25th email....


Hey guys!! It's so great to hear from you all again!! It sounds like summer is going great for you all despite the heat!! It's pretty hot here, but probably not as bad as in Utah. However, we do have to deal with the humidity factor over here in Portugal!!!
I'm really enjoying my new companion!! He is just a great guy and doesn't get discouraged even when the day is going really rough!! He has a sense of humor even in the toughest times, so this transfer is going to be great!! We are still working with Luana, although unfortunately she wants to wait until she is back in England to get baptized so that she can be with all her old college friends and have their support!! We will not give up on her though!! We will focus on baptizing her this upcoming weekend!!! Our Moldavian investigator Nicholay came to church for the first time yesterday!! He had been taught by the elders everything about 2 years ago, and still hadn't been to church, and we finally got him to go yesterday. So I'd say that's some great progress with him!!! I pray that everything gets worked out with his woman and that way he can be baptized, because he knows that our church is the true church!!! Those are the situations with our two main investigators right now. However, we found a couple of new investigators this last week...one of them being a very strong evangelistic lady who screams amen and hallelujah when we pray. So it will be interesting. We are excited to share the restored gospel with them!!! We did a lot of knocking this past week as well. It's been good, but interesting!! Yesterday we had water poured on us from the second story of an apartment building. It was funny... at first I was really frustrated, and then I realized how hot it was and how refreshing that water was. All of my frustration went away hahaha!!! So the search for the elect continues while we deal with those that we have right now!!!
Elder Bolough is in his fourth transfer right now!! So he is still in that learning stage ya know? But he is a great elder and always ready to work!!! He is from Colorado, some city close to Denver!! He is about my height and has blonde hair as well!! It's really funny...people have stopped guessing that we are from America and guessing England!! So far so good with my companions!! I've yet to have a companion I can't get along with!! What a blessing!!!
I'm proud of you guys that you decided to go to the Tetons this summer!! I was a little worried for a while that you guys wouldn't carry on the tradition. But I knew you would all come to your senses hahaha just kidding!! But I'm very excited for you guys!! You know how much I love the Tetons!! Be sure to take lots of pictures for me!! Oh and someone needs to take my place in waking up at 5 in the morning to get some sweet morning shots!!!
I believe that's about all this week. I love you all so much!! I know this gospel is true and everyday I always thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with that knowledge as well as my family!! I'm so grateful for my Savior and His sacrifice for us!! I love doing His work and offering these people His love whether they choose to accept it or not!! I love you all!! Talk to ya next week!!
Helaman 5:12
Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment